Not a Hallmark Thanksgiving Card

I am thankful for Jon Stewart, the Daily Show, Stephanie Miller, and all of the other Sexy Liberals who make being progressive cool and funny.
I am thankful for Twitter and other social media for putting information and knowledge at everyone’s finger tips.
I am thankful for a world where GOOD cynicsm, sarcasm, and satire are cherished like a fine wine.
I am thankful that I live in a country where hard work DOES pay off.
I am thankful that I live in a country where there is a safety net for its citizens when they fall upon hard times.
I am thankful for the Republican Party for producing such qualified candidates as Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, and Michele Bachmann.
I am thankful for politicians for giving me so much material for diggapedia.blogpsot.com and Twitter.
I am thankful for Snopes.com for being the anti-venom to ridiculous chain e-mails.
I am thankful to Politifact.com and Factcheck.org for arming us with facts and data against the lies and falsehoods (PS I am talking about Michele Bachmann especially)
I am thankful that I can choose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Secular American Jew and a Love for Israel

September 10, 2001 was a Monday

Sunni and Shia: So who are the bad guys again?