· Rudy “Noun-Verb-9/11” Giuliani said the following about Joe Biden: "I don't think he's nuts. I'm just saying I wonder if he's got the kind of balance - probably what I should have said is the balance to be president of the United States. " “This guy is like one gaffe after another, and he's a joke on late-night television." Well here is what ‘America’s Mayor’ had to say about that great vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin in 2008:
In choosing Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate, John McCain has chosen for the future.
The other guy looked back. John looked forward.
Gov. Palin represents a new generation. She’s already one of the most successful governors in America and the most popular.
And she’s already had more executive experience than the entire Democratic ticket combined.
She’s been a mayor. I love that.
I’m sorry — I’m sorry that Barack Obama feels that her hometown isn’t cosmopolitan enough.
I’m sorry, Barack, that it’s not flashy enough. Maybe they cling to religion there.
Well — well, the first day — as far as I’m concerned, the first day she was mayor, she had more experience as an executive than — than Obama and Biden combined.
Then she became governor. She’s reduced taxes. She’s reduced government spending. She’s encouraged more energy exploration.
She’s been one of the most active governors — she’s been one of the most active governors in the country, and Alaska can be proud of having one of the best governors in the country.
She’s got an 80 percent approval rating. You never get that in New York City, wow.
As U.S. attorney, a former U.S. attorney, I’m very impressed the way she took on corruption in Alaska, including corruption in the Republican Party. This is a woman who has no fear. This is a woman who stands up for what’s right.
She — she — she is shaking up Alaska in a way that hasn’t happened in maybe ever. And with John McCain, with his independent spirit, with his being a maverick, with him and Sarah Palin, can you imagine how they’re going to shake up Washington?
Whew, look out. Look out.
Credibility 1 Giuliani 0
· For the sixth year in a row, Mississippi is the fattest state in the country. Coupled with its perennial low rankings in education and alcohol abuse, the Magnolia State is well on its way to achieving the Dean Wormer Trifecta: Fat Drunk and Stupid (it’s no way to go through life)
· While the GOP props up their new Latino crossover star Ted Cruz (Rubio already dumped?) the Democrats have 37 year old rising star San Antonio mayor Julian Castro give the keynote speech in Charlotte next month.
· Mona Charen in NationalReview.com claims the Democrats are running “the dirtiest emptiest, and most deceptive campaign in memory.” It seems Ms. Charen’s memory is good for about a nanosecond as she fails to recall Atwater, Rove, Swift Boats, and Romney’s own deceptive ads comprising of sound clips. Spare me the Bullshit Baloney.
· 25% of the known 302 terrorist cases in the US since 2001 have been perpetrated by anti-government and white supremacist extremists validating the much maligned 2009 report by the Department of Homeland Security warning of right wing extremist attacks. Can you imagine if the attack on the Sikh Temple had been an Evangelical Church by a Muslim? Nonetheless, when is Representative Peter King(NY) calling for hearings on white supremacist terror groups?