Somebody get me Alex Trebek

Who Am I two point ohhhh?
·        I wanted a world without nuclear weapons and called out the world’s other superpower to do the same.
·        I increased spending by 60% compared to my two predecessors.
·        I more than doubled Federal entitlements programs, farm subsidies, and the budgets of the departments of energy and education, and foreign aid.
·        My spending increased Gross federal debt threefold
·        I approved the nation’s biggest tax decrease in history only to follow up with tax increases that basically offset the previous cuts
·        I increased the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards promoting the production of smaller fuel efficient cars.
·        I created new federal agencies
·        I was criticized and nearly subpoenaed by Congress for my handling of a dicey situation involving Iran
·        I cut and run out of Lebanon after we got our nose bloodied.
·        I did not get behind deregulations in the environment, safety and drug industries.
·        I appointed pro gay rights justices to the Supreme Court

Who am I?
a)      President Carter
b)      President Johnson
c)      President G HW Bush (dad)
d)      President Reagan
e)      President Clinton

The answer is (d), President Reagan; The staunch archconservative and bastion of the free market, the man most often mentioned during Republican debates as the hero of conservatism, the man who would be labeled a RINO, Republican In Name Only, by today’s ultra right wing controlled GOP.
As newspaper man Maxwell Scott (Carleton Young) says in the film The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance “When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Secular American Jew and a Love for Israel

September 10, 2001 was a Monday

Sunni and Shia: So who are the bad guys again?