· While he publicly rejected the moniker during the memorial service on Wednesday, Daniel Hernandez has been hailed a hero for his efforts to save the life of his boss Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. A national hero, who if John McCain had his way, would not be allowed to serve in the US Armed Forces. Hernandez is gay and I don’t think anybody cared as he put his life in jeopardy to save others.
· I keep wondering what if the Tucson shooter’s name had been Ahmed Jalabi.
· I also cannot keep wondering how Speaker of the House Boehner thought it was more prudent to host a cocktail party for his RNC buddies instead of joining the President and the Arizona Congressional delegation for Wednesday’s memorial service in Tucson.
· Was it me or did Arizona Senators Jon Kyl and John McCain look as out of place in Tucson as a couple of johns in a ladies room?
· No matter what President Obama says or does, many on the right will still attack him. Most recently right wing reactionary bloggers of bullshit tried to claim that it was the Obama administration that passed out tee shirts to the attendees at last night’s rally. When Michelle Malkin and Matt Drudge were informed by the University of Arizona that they had passed out the tee shirts, neither found it necessary to retract and correct their false assertions. Even when The President proposes policies previously mentioned by Republicans, he gets attacked. I wonder if he is like LeBron James. Yeah you hate him because he plays for the other team, but boy you would give your right nut to have him wearing your team’s colors.
· Compare and contrast Partial Palin and President Obama approaches on Wednesday to the Tucson shooting. Half-Term used her 7+ minutes to essentially attack the media for questioning her use of words and imagery while the President during his address in Tucson acted presidential and showed what leadership looks like. Palin should stick with guest appearances on FoxNews where Hannity et al can kiss her butt and you can toss out the red meat for your followers. The rest of America isn’t buying it shtick.
· I find it equally despicable that Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and The Tea Party Express have both used the Tucson tragedy to raise money. I guess that proves that no matter the ideology, greed is greed.
· While the Blood Libel comment has captured most of the attention did you pick up this passage in Palin’s video “And they claim political debate has somehow gotten more heated just recently. But when was it less heated? Back in those “calm days” when political figures literally settled their differences with dueling pistols?” Really? You mean Burr/Hamilton and the beating of Sumner by Brooks? The difference, you simpleton is today we have radio, television, and the internet. We are bombarded by words and images on a 24/7 basis when in your ‘calm days’ messages were delivered face to face, letters, or in the newspaper. Clearly someone who “… read most of them (newspapers and magazines) again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media…”can appreciate the differences between the media world of the 19th century and the 21st century.
· Finally, words do matter. Charles Wilson was sentenced to prison for 1 year and 1 day for threatening to kill Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) because she voted for the Affordable Care Act. One of Wilson’s cousins, in a letter to the public defender stated: “And he watched television and found Glenn Beck... I found Glenn Beck about the same time Charlie did. I understand how his fears were grown and fostered by Mr. Beck's persuasive personality.”