I was thinking:
· GOP controlled House is scheduled to work only 109 days in 2012. Hey Newt that sounds like a poor work ethic to me, but Darrell Issa is worth $400Million. How do you rationalize that?
· Republicans and the Murdoch rag Wall Street Journal are losing one of their favorite targets: Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA). In fact the WSJ used such eloquence as “nation’s leading protector of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac” and “an embarrassment, a reckless gambler, and a legislative malefactor”. That’s a lot of power to give a Congressman who was in the minority 1994-2006. Perhaps the WSJ should be asking Gingrich, Hastert, and Delay?
· We are on the eve of witnessing Germany’s takeover of Europe without firing a single shot. Not only will Germany provide the funds to keep the Eurozone afloat, it will dictate the terms to the debtor nations. Things are so desperate and crystal clear that Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski said “I fear German power less than I am beginning to fear German inactivity.”
· The Islamist Muslim Brotherhood looks to win about 50% - 60% of the Parliamentary seats as part of the new post-Mubarak elections in Egypt. That may be nothing more than a beauty contest as the Egyptian military still rules Egypt and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. That being said, if the Islamists can develop a leader like Turkey’s Erdogan, the days of military control would possibly be numbered. Too soon to tell.
· Staying in the Middle East, in 2012 you will see President Obama’s greatest foreign policy achievement. The Obama Doctrine of a concerted coalition of stakeholders will lead to containing Iranian nuclear aspirations. Bold statement? Absolutely. But you will see President Obama, Vice President Biden, Secretary of State Clinton, and Secretary of Defense Panetta work the regional players of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Israel along with our European allies to give Iran an offer it won’t be able to refuse. Even Russia and China will be forced to go along. Yeah, he’s that good.
· The NBA will makes its 2011 debut on Christmas Day; or as I say the 5th day of Hanukkah.
· Latest Des Moines Register Poll In Iowa:
With 60% saying they could still change their minds before the Iowa Caucus on January 3rd
Kiss the Santorum and Bachmann campaigns goodbye. No cash and polling behind Undecided. Coming out of Iowa will be: Gingrich, Paul, Romney, Perry, and Huntsman. After New Hampshire it will be bye bye Huntsman.
· Here’s hoping FauxNews gets its graphics department straightened out before the Huntsman-Gingrich ‘Lincoln-Douglas’ style debate. The last time was in 2008 when Hillary Clinton challenged Barack Obama.
· #1 Conservative douche William Kristol’s latest turd: "The Obama message is loud and clear: the world would be a safer, simpler, and more peaceful place if not for the troublesome Jewish state." Never has one man been wrong about so many things and yet be considered an intelligent eloquent leader of the conservative movement. It begins to explain how Newt is surging.