· I miss Christopher Hitchens. An original
· Excuse Hollywood Foreign Press: How do you ignore Melissa McCarthy, Friday Night Light’s Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, Breaking Bad and it’s co-stars Aaron Paul and Giancarlo Esposito, Justified and its dynamic stars Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins, and Margo Martindale?
· Kobe Bryant getting divorced, pending approval by NBA Commissioner David Stern
· Loud mouth opinionated hockey commentator Mike Milbury has been charged with assault and battery on a child after an incident at a pee-wee hockey game. It seems Milbury’s boy was roughed up and dad stepped in. Not many people will be shedding a tear about Milbury’s predicament.
· The Securities and Exchange Commission sued six former Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac executives on Friday for misleading the public about the mortgage giants' exposure to risky subprime mortgages as the housing bubble deflated. That’s a start.
· Ancient Mayan doomsday countdown is underway. Experts say the date is the end of a cycle of 5,125 years since the beginning of the Mayan Long Count calendar in 3113 B.C. December 21, 2012 is when the earth ends. If Gingrich ever gets elected President, we may go Mayan
· The island nation of Samoa will not have a December 28 as it switches to the other side of the International Date Line to move closer to Australia, its primary trading partner. This would mess up my DVR big time. Meanwhile in the U.S. our legislative branch is only capable of naming post offices.
· Penn State coach Joe Paterno testified during grand jury proceedings earlier this year that "(he) knew inappropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster". I am dying to know what transpired during the top brass meetings at PSU and how they rationalized the cover-up.
· A two month extension of payroll tax cut and unemployment benefits has been negotiated by Congress. Keep kicking the can Congress.
· Only Michele Bachmann could get a “Pants on Fire’ from Politifact on her statement that she got a 100 % true by the very same organization when in reality she had a “Mostly True” and “Pants on Fire” She is pathological.