It's a great day for America:
- Hanukah, Chanukah, Chanukkah, Channukah, Hannukah, Hanuka, Hanukka, Hanaka, and Hanika are different spellings for חנוכה
. So don’t despair my gentile friends, all spellings and pronunciations are welcome. Now, I hope I get a harmonica and be sure to smoke your medical marijuanica. Friendly reminder that Chanukah starts on December 1st this year.
- Black Eyed Peas will be the halftime entertainment at this year’s Super Bowl. Initially I was dismayed that they were chosen but upon further review I am very happy to watch Fergie for 15 minutes. After all, Up With People were chosen a record four times (Super Bowls X, XIV, XVI, and XX). Just keep the Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber away; unless they are on the field during the game and not during halftime.
- Prince Chunk the literal fat cat of New Jersey allegedly died in his sleep at the age of 10. Chunk became a media sensation when he was found wandering around South Jersey after the foreclosure of his owner’s home. Another cat named Curiosity is being held for questioning. In other New Jersey homeless news, whatever happened to Joe Piscopo?
- Trying to figure out how to get my closed caption feature to work when Shannon Sharpe speaks during CBS pregame show.
- Wondering what John “Grandpa Simpson” McCain will come up with next to oppose DADT repeal when the Pentagon study comes out this week saying soldiers are either for repeal or indifferent? Rock, Paper, Scissors?
- Not to be outdone by his fellow Arizona Senator, Jon Kyl spewed more lies and misdirection today on Meet The Press as he defended his stance of not allowing the START treaty to come up for vote during the lame duck session. He says he needs more time to study. Hmmm pulled that right from McCain’s playbook. What’s the plural for Douche? Douches? Douchi?
- Watched The Expendables last night. Was Carl Weathers unavailable? Randy Couture, MMA legend and acting novice, held his own with Stallone, Lundgren, Roberts, Statham, Li, et al. The acting, the directing, the writing …. the horror.
- At the other end of the spectrum, pick up the Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition by Daniel Okrent. A tremendous look at the original Tee(totaler) Party.