Secular, Proud, and Pretty Sure I am Not the Antichrist.

In lieu of our Monday Mishegas, I found it necessary to call out the Reverend Franklin Graham.  The son of the globally popular and reverend to the Presidents, the Evangelical Reverend Billy Graham, Franklin Graham has never been afraid of saying what is on his mind.  This time, however, he has gone too far.  Yesterday on This Week with Christiane Amanpour, Graham hit the daily double and not in a good way.
Exhibit One: "He (Obama) can solve this whole birth certificate issue pretty quickly," Graham said. "I was born in a hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. And I know that my records are there, you can probably go and find out what room my mother was in when I was born. I don’t know why he can’t produce that. It's an issue it looks like he can answer pretty quickly."
Exhibit Two:
"I look at the world in which we live today, and the secularism is anti-Christ, It's every bit anti-Christ. We can't talk about Jesus in our schools. God has been kicked out of our government. Whether it's Europe or whether it's here, yes. The spirit of anti-Christ is in the world today."
So Graham like his new hero Trump asks for evidence of Obama’s birth and when it is presented he doesn’t acknowledge it.  This is the same man who said "Now it's obvious that the president has renounced the prophet Mohammed, and he has renounced Islam, and he has accepted Jesus Christ. That's what he says he has done. I cannot say that he hasn't. So I just have to believe that the president is what he has said," Graham continued, adding that "the Islamic world sees the president as one of theirs."   Come clean Graham and admit you don’t like the President.  I am curious to know why: race, color, ideology, something he said, his daughters’ names, his cross-over dribble….
With respect to Exhibit Two, Mr. Graham has finally crossed the Diggaline.  A self-professed man of the cloth says that the secular world represents the anti-Christ.  What he is really saying is if you haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are not worthy; really now, how tolerant of you.  You are welcome to your political views and you are welcome to your religious views because the SECULAR Bill of Rights grants you have that right. 
My question for Graham Cracker, does this represent the views of his hallowed father?
This is the stuff that makes me crazy like a shithouse rat.  Muslims who call for fatwas over cartoons depicting Mohammed, Rabbis who believe all Palestinians should be driven from the west bank, and this ass-clown who equates the establishment clause as anti-Christ behavior. 
Well here is my take: people like Graham are men no different than you or I, they are not privy to any inside information to which you and I don’t have access, they are consumed by their ideologies, beliefs, and prejudices like all men, and their opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.
These are the times we need to hear from Christopher Hitchens.  Where’s the Scotch?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Secular American Jew and a Love for Israel

September 10, 2001 was a Monday

Sunni and Shia: So who are the bad guys again?