1) Rick Santorum: “The Social Security system, in my opinion, is a flawed design, period. But, having said that, the design would work a lot better if we had stable demographic trends. … The reason Social Security is in trouble is that we don’t have enough workers to support the retirees. “Well, a third of all the young people in America are not in America today because of abortion — because one-in-three pregnancies end in abortion.” The data and analysis are equally flawed. The abortion rate has never been that high and secondly, he does not consider miscarriages, and the fact that these women later gave birth.
2) Michelle Bachman: ”Let’s look at the number 1. Number 1, that’s the number of new drilling permits under the Obama administration since they came into office.” Actually the number is 200.
3) Newt Gingrich: “I helped balance the federal budget for four straight years, the only time in your lifetime we had four years of a balanced budget. We paid over $400 billion in federal debt off.” The problem Newtster, you were only in office for two of those years. Talk about padding one’s resume.
4) Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez: "I have always said, heard, that it would not be strange that there had been civilization on Mars, but maybe capitalism arrived there, imperialism arrived and finished off the planet.” I didn’t know Chavez was a scientologist.
5) Argentine government told Iran that it would stop investigating past Hezbollah attacks on Israelis and Jews in Buenos Aires in exchange for improved trade agreements. Over a hundred Jews and Israelis were killed in separate bombings in Argentina in the 1990’s. Shows you the level of control that Iran has over Lebanon because Hezbollah is an armed Islamic revolutionary group infecting Lebanon. Memo to Argentine President Christine Fernandez: I won’t cry for you, but I will be sure to focus a lot of my abundant attention on your failed state.
6) Katy Perry’s mom, Mary Perry Hudson, an evangelical minister, is proud of her daughter but is not pleased with some of her songs and her risqué wardrobe. I guess we understand why she married Russell Brand.