10. He bets a fellow candidate $10,000 on national TV during a debate. According to the 2010 U.S. census that would be equal to 10 weeks of income for the median household.
9. Stay at home mom Ann Romney is a regular fixture at international dressage competitions, considered the most elite form of equestrian activities. Her prized horse has been rumored to be worth $250,000. According to the 2010 U.S. census , the median value of owner-occupied homes was $188,000.
8. The Romneys are installing a car elevator as part of their renovation to their $12Million villa in San Diego. The renovation includes a 3,600 square foot expansion. According to the 2010 U.S. census, the median floor area in New Single-Family Houses is 2,169 square feet (in 1973 it was $1,525 sq ft)
7. Romney owns a Swiss Bank Account. Less than 1 million Americans visit Switzerland per year.
6. Romney wants to “get rid of” Planned Parenthood even though 3 million people rely on the organization for cancer screenings, birth control, and other care. That is not something you RID society of.
5. He says things like “I can’t have illegal immigrants working for me, I’m running for President for Pete’s sake.”
4. Romney “I drive a Mustang and a Chevy pickup truck. Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs.” According to the Federal Highway Administration, the average American household has 1.96 cars. Of course we’re only talking about Ann and Mitt. Two cars/person.
3. Romney "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." The Romneys earned $21.6Million in 2010. . According to the 2010 U.S. census, it would take the median American household 415 YEARS to earn that much.
2. Asked if he followed NASACR, Romney responded “Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans, but I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.” John William Henry II is partner in Roush Fenway Racing, and principal owner of the Boston Red Sox and the English Premier League’s Liverpool Football Club. Oh yeah, he’s worth $1.1Billion.
1. Romney "There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.” From 1984 – 1999 Romney was head of Bain Capital. As founder and head of the company, I doubt you were very close to getting a pink slip.