10. 50 words have been banned in New York City’s standardized test scores because they could be insensitive. The words include such disparaging nouns and verbs such as: dinosaur, dancing, Halloween, birthdays, and junk food. We are now entering ridiculous.
9. According to Time magazine, the U.S. now incarcerates 6 million people which exceeds the number imprisoned by Stalin in the gulag archipelago. Why build schools, when we can build prisons.
8. “The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off.” – Gloria Steinem
7. According to The New York Times, the top 1% of U.S. taxpayers reaped 93% of the $288Billion in new income generated in 2010. The other 99% had their personal income increase by an average of $80 over 2009.
6. According to the Wall Street Journal, outstanding student loan debt passed the $1Trillion mark.
5. In New Hampshire, the Republicans take their motto, “Live Free or Die” seriously. While outnumbering Democrats 3:1 they still voted overwhelmingly to keep gay marriage legal. Too bad their so called small government brethren don’t feel the same way.
4. Meet Mao Tse-Norquist. Ahead of new elections coming in China, the Chinese government is requiring all lawyers to pledge allegiance to the Communist Party. No word if they have to make any pledges regarding taxes and same sex marriage.
3. Making my Chairman’s status on USAirways look like a booger, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, since taking office in 2009, has traveled to 95 countries and logged over 730,000 miles. I bet she gets upgraded.
2. According to CNN’s Fareed Zakaria, in 2011 California spent $9.6Billion on prisons and $5.7Billion on higher education, while spending $8,667/student versus $50,000/inmate. The Prison Industrial Complex is alive and well.
1. Never mind the Etch-A-Sketch, Barney Frank hammers Mitt Romney “There is literally not a public policy that he has not advocated one side of at one time and one side at the other,” Frank said. “I have never seen a major political figure so absolutely unburdened by any commitment to any principle whatsoever.” Ouch!