1) While Syria boils, not a peep about Iran’s imminent nuclear capability. Redlines shmedlines.
2) What happened to the Somali Pirates? Are they pissed that the Pittsburgh Pirates are getting all of the press?
3) 40% of Americans are opposed to raising the debt ceiling. I bet 50% are receiving government assistance.
4) The best TV Dramas feature morally conflicted protagonist: Sopranos, The Wire, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, The Shield, Rescue Me, Ray Donovan, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, and of course the great Breaking Bad.
5) 43 shootings in which more than four people were killed in the same incident in the past four years: American Exceptionalism
6) The hypocrisy of American foreign policy where we promote democracy but arm the repressive regimes of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.
7) The volatility in the Arab world and the lack of unity amongst the Palestinians makes the two state solution less and less probable in the near future.
8) The Red Sox won only 69 games last year and this year they have the best record in baseball. John Farrell is an obvious choice of Manager of the year.
9) The Republicans have essentially given up when their past rallying cry of repeal and replace Obamacare is now just a lame repeal vote in the House.
10) Sundance has been running One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest. In related news GOP field for 2016 starting to firm up.
11) The media’s fixation in declaring political winners and losers during every debate and negotiation is neither responsible nor beneficial.
12) Are you as shocked as I about all of the mass shootings in Japan because of violent video games?
13) First the targeting of Arizona’s Men’s Basketball Coach Sean Miller and now the major screw up during last weekend’s ASU-Wisconsin football game is shining a not-so-flattering light on Pac-12 officiating.
14) Edward Snowden was nominated by the European Parliament for the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought along with Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban to become a defiant voice in the struggle for education rights for women; Mikhail B. Khodorkovsky, the former oil tycoon and Kremlin critic who is imprisoned in Russia; and Erdem Gunduz, who helped inspire the mass protests against the Turkish government. Leftist and Green party members in Europe really hate the U.S Intelligence machine.
15) It’s just a matter of time before we 3D printing human organs putting organ donors out of business.
16) Happy Constitution Day. You’d think it would be a real holiday.
17) Here’s a novel idea: instead of mandating that all public school kids read the pledge of allegiance, why don’t we ask each and everyone one of them what the pledge means to them?
18) So Morning Joe is no longer brewed by Starbucks. I guess there’s always Chock Full o’Nuts.
19) How screwed are the Celtics? They are paying a nine year veteran, about to play for his sixth team, with a career average of 6.6 points per game, $12,000,000. Kris Humphries welcome to Boston.
20) The post-Assad transition will be messy, deadly, and bloody; will the international community, especially the Arab League, answer the call to stabilize the region?