1) It believes that markets and industry can regulate themselves.
2) It claims to be pro-market, when it is actually pro-business.
3) It hasn’t had an original idea since the Dwight Eisenhower administration.
4) Resistance to change is embedded in its DNA.
5) It believes a nation’s strength is measured by its arsenal.
6) It is unable to show vulnerability.
7) Its zero sum game plan is dangerous and harmful to America.
8) It cannot understand the value or importance of the ACLU.
9) It has coopted political conservatism into a reactionary social movement.
10) It opposes deficit reduction when out of power, and lives by it when in power.
11) Its roots are too deep in the religious right.
12) Its childlike “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” approach to foreign policy is inept
13) It thinks in terms of political winning not national interests.
14) It cannot accept the changing demographics of America
15) Its ‘with us or against us’ is for the school yard not diplomacy.
16) It cannot let go of the failed concept of ‘trickle down economics’
17) It cannot believe that gas and oil can coexist with alternative energy.
18) It believes the 1% grows the economy
19) It doesn’t respect sovereignty
20) It treats intellectuals with disdain while promoting mediocrity