1. We’re supposed to believe conservative Texans are really pro-life when 1.2million children do not have health insurance, 20% of the population lives below the poverty line, and 500 people have been executed by the state.
2. Going to college is a privilege but that doesn’t mean it should be limited to the privileged. Ten years from now, a four year education may cost as much as $700,000. That’s insane.
3. “Prejudice is the reason of fools.” -- Voltaire
4. Worst money ever spent: The RNC’s $10million rebranding initiative. Opposition to LGBT rights and immigration reform, and now it’s all going up in smoke. So much for expanding the tent.
5. According to religious right leaders like Ralph Reed and Tony Perkins, same sex marriage will lead to the breakdown of society. That must come as a shock to the citizens of Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Iceland, and other developed free nations that have legalized same sex marriage.
6. No one ever calls a judge an activist when his side wins?
7. I am little stunned that this “Border Surge” of 18,000 additional agents isn’t being as criticized by libertarians to the same level as Prism.
8. I guess building 700 miles of border fence is considered infrastructure investment by Republican Senators.
9. I do not think it is coincidence that international perception of American arrogance increased with the new Christian controlled Republican party.
10. "We establish no religion in this country. We command no worship. We mandate no belief, nor will we ever. Church and state are and must remain separate.” – Ronald Reagan
11. CNN is bringing back Crossfire with Newt Gingrich, S.E. Cupp, Stephanie Cutter, and Van Jones. Clearly Zucker is aiming for News Entertainment and not actual news. Click.
12. Boston Bruins’ Patrice Bergeron played Game Six of the Stanley Cup with a cracked rib and a puncture lung. That is toughness!
13. We should always respect another's faith, but that doesn't mean it should become public policy.
14. Did you see the story of the boss being held hostage by his people? No, not the guy in China, I'm talking about John Boehner.
15. So I guess the CEO of Chick-fil-A is eating a little crow
16. 511 Iraqi citizens killed so far JUST in June. Still think the surge was successful?
17. The ‘Red Wedding’ episode of Game of Thrones will we the most shocking episode of any TV show this year. I expect GoT will take the prize again in 2014.
18. You can’t claim to be the party of Lincoln while denying natural rights and blocking civil rights.
19. "But the Republicans have become a party of Torquemadas, forcing representatives to sign pledges never to raise taxes, to dump the chairman of the Federal Reserve and to embrace an ever more Southern-fried approach to social policy." -- The Economist
20. I guess it never dawned on the conservative members of the Supreme Court that the reason why voter suppression and civil rights violations have been held in check WAS the Voting Rights Act. Thanks for removing the teeth from the law.