A little weekend recap
· I was saddened to see that Lynn ‘Buck’ Compton passed away on February 25th. Compton was an officer in Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne Division, the unit immortalized in the Stephen Ambrose Book and HBO miniseries Band of Brothers. Compton was portrayed by current Justified actor Neal McDonough. Later in life Compton was the DA in the trial of Robert Kennedy assassin Sirhan B. Sirhan. The Greatest generation has lost another lion.
· The Knicks are now in the midst of a five game linless streak and are looking linept at times, media is now lindifferent.
· Remember when the Obama administration was faced with the daunting task of trying to prove that the economy would have been worse off without the stimulus? While most economists agreed that was true, proving the negative is almost impossible and proving the negative on the court of public opinion is impossible. The Republicans knew it and were relentless in their attacks. Fast forward two years later and suddenly it is the GOP trying to prove the negative as they scramble to convince the public that while yes the economy is improving, it would be even better if Obama was not President. John Boehner: “It is a testament to the hard work and entrepreneurship of the American people that they are creating jobs in the midst of the onslaught of anti-business policies coming from this administration.”
· I am really looking forward to Mitt Romney trying to convince the American people that his alleged plan is what America needs considering it is nothing but a reboot of the Bush policies of no regulation and low taxes for the richest Americans. There is nothing in his message that represents a departure from additional deficits, increased income inequality, and unfettered speculation and leveraging. The same ingredients that led to the great recession. Oh by all means, let’s try that again. All you have to do is simply remember Albert Einstein’s famous quote Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
· Still think President Obama is a socialist? French Presidential candidate Socialist Party's Francois Hollande seeks to impose a 75% tax on the income of people earning more than 1million euro/yr.
· Israel killed the Zuheir Al Qaisi, a commander in the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) in a missile strike on Friday. Al Qaisi was a terrorist responsible for the murder of nine Israeli citizens in the Sinai last year as well as the kidnapping of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit fiver years ago. Shalit was recently ransomed by the PRC and Hamas in exchange for the release of 1,000 prisoners held by Israel. Since that attack, Islamic Jihad has responded with launching hundreds of rockets into southern Israel drawing a heavier response from Israel resulting in the deaths of 17 Palestinians. This is part of the Iranian plan to create diversion from its nuclear plans and the terror in Syria, and Israel’s standing plan to eliminate the terrorist leadership in Gaza while sowing dissent amongst the rival factions of Hamas, PRC, and Islamic Jihad.
· It appears that Laurens County, SC has become ground zero for Republican craziness. Candidates must now sign a pledge they will not a sex before marriage, are not homosexual, and will not watch pornography, and 24 other ‘moral requirements’ to protect the party’s reputation. Not sure if the rules include bans on watching R rated movies, Glee, or Ellen.