· Rating a tams NFL draft before any of the players take the field is like rating your meal after you order it a restaurant
· ”Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.” An Obama the tyrant administration statement? No, that would be Hank Paulson, George W. Bush’s Treasury Secretary.
· Good thing the sequester hasn’t affected the White House Correspondents Dinner.
· Apparently Mississippi’s Northwest Rankin High School was unaware that the Constitution’s 1st Amendment and the Supreme Court have ruled that school prayer is unconstitutional. It seems the school held an assembly where a member of Pinelake Baptist Church opened the assembly praising Jesus Christ and warning students against sex, pornography, and homosexuality. Perhaps next time the school board should bring in a constitutional lawyer for the administrators.
· Could we have used the public safety exception to detain Dick Cheney?
· The starts of Duck Dynasty were invited to the White House Correspondents Dinner along with South Korean one hit wonder pop star psy. Maybe Tom Brokaw was right after all.
· Texas’ congressional delegation of Louis Gohmert, Joe Barton, and David Stockman apparently didn’t get the Bobby Jindal “we need to stop being the stupid party” memo. Or perhaps they can’t read.
· So the Ricin suspect is an asshole named Dutschke and he comes from Tupelo, MS. Following GOP logic, terrorists come from Mississippi and we should deport all Mississippians?
· Kelly Ayotte, (R-NH) saw her popularity ratings in New Hampshire drop 15% as she voted against the Manchin-Toomey background check amendment. Let’s hope, for once, there will be a political price for those that don’t vote in step with their constituents.
· We tend not to look at polls after presidential elections, but according to latest Gallup polls, President Obama is now at a favorable 52-40 rating while Congress is at an unfavorable 15-79 rating. Congress is rated lower than Hamas, STD’s, and any show on C-Span.
· Wilcox County High School in Georgia held its first integrated prom this weekend. Way to go Wilcox County thanks for joining the 20th century. Psst we’re already in the 21st.
· Want to stop radicalization from becoming terrorism? Build trust with Islamic community leaders. If they feel comfortable coming forward they will provide the best intelligence on people with bad intentions. It starts with trust not vilification.
· After tens of thousands of dead and hundreds of thousands of refugees, suddenly it’s the death of 30 from an apparent Sarin attack that is the game changer? A political game changer possibly, but until the regional players such as the Arab League, Turkey and Israel plus multiregional entities such as NATO and the UN Security Council get on the same page, there is little that can be done on the ground.